Website Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy (BEM Consult)
Job Title: Assistant Internal Auditor
The Assistant Internal Auditor will responsible for reviewing and evaluating an organization’s operations; assessing the effectiveness and adequacy of all internal controls of management. Reporting to and assisting the senior auditor with reviews and special project work as may be required.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Act as a business consultant and assurance provider to their organization.
- Reporting results of an audit to management by preparing audit work papers and evidence.
- Identifying improvement opportunities and risk factors from analyzing company operational functions.
- Identifying creative insights, outliers, and value by carrying out analytical procedures.
- Performing policy adherence test as well as personally formulate and implement the company’s internal audit programs.
- Responsible for communicating and reaching agreements on findings with the audited subject, as well as initiate remedial action to resolve the finding.
- Create draft internal audit report and discusses with the right management level.
- Carrying out ad hoc assignments based on management requests and/or project assurance, etc. and update audit programs for implementation.
- Provide ad hoc assistance to internal audit managers.
- Participate in special tasks based on the nomination of the senior auditor.
- Participate in the risk assessment process.
- Identify sufficient, fact-based, reliable and relevant information to achieve the audit objectives.
- Document the work done during the process of understanding the nature of the management activity being reviewed.
- Prepare sufficient documents and save them with files to understand the activities being reviewed.
- Assisting in training and supervising the work of internal audit graduate interns and junior staff.
- Document and confirm observations discovered and management response.
- Preparation of internal checklist of observations.
- Listening to the opinions and comments of the audit manager, the supervisor and the senior auditor regarding his performance and improving the weaknesses.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Strong ability to read, understand, analyze, and interpret governmental regulations, professional journals, general business periodicals, technical procedures, and other relevant materials and reports
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong ability to prepare procedure manuals, business correspondence, and reports
- Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Strong analytical skills to perform simple calculations such as volume, discounts, commissions, interest, proportions, area, percentages, circumference
- Strong reasoning skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
Qualification and Experience
- Full Professional Qualification CA Zambia, ACCA & CIMA
- Degree in Accounting or Finance will be plus
- 2-3 years of audit experience, with an Audit firm or financial institution
- Must be conversant with the most used Audit Accounting Software
- Should be a member of ZICA
- Membership with IIA will be a plus
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter in Ms Word clearly stating your salary expectations to: email@example.com and copy in firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.