Zambia Gold Company Limited
The Zambia Gold Company Limited (ZGCL) was established in 2020, with the main objective of formalising and developing the gold sub-sector in the country. The shareholders of the company are the ZCCM Investments Holding (ZCCM-IH) with 51 per cent and the Government of the Republic of Zambia through the Ministry of Finance with 49 per cent. The Company has been working towards turning the gold sub-sector into a commercially viable one, which will not only benefit the investors but also all other relevant stakeholders.
In order to achieve this, the Company invites applications from suitably qualified individuals, who are innovative, energetic and performance driven to fill the following positions:
Assistant Accountant – Receivables and Reconciliations x1
Report to: Accountant
Head of Dept.: Head Finance
To provide support to the Accountant and wider finance team by updating and maintaining accurate financial records as well as preparation of management reports for both internal and external purposes.
- Posting of sales transactions as well as other receipts for the Company on the Accounting package.
- Preparation of all sales invoices for the Company.
- Assist in the maintenance of an accurate fixed assets register.
- Assist in the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare all manual journal entries on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts.
- Maintenance and follow-up on outstanding Company receivables.
- Assist in the preparation of annual financial statements for the Company.
- Assist with provision of support documentation requested for by the Company external auditors as well as other stakeholders.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
a) Professional Qualifications
- Full Grade12 Certificate or its equivalent
- Diploma in Accountancy or Finance, ACCA level 2, ZICA Licentiate, CIMA level 2 or its equivalent.
b) Minimum Relevant Job Experience:
- 3 years of work experience in a similar position.
c) Skill Specifications:
- Good numerical and analytical skills
- Good communication skills both written and spoken
- Excellent computer skills
- Interpersonal skills
d) Other Attributes (Personality Traits)
- Integrity and Confidentiality
- Result oriented
ZGCL provides equal employment opportunities to all Zambians on merit.
Interested suitably qualified and experienced individuals should send their application letters, together with certified copies of academic and professional certificates, a detailed curriculum vitae with traceable references, and copy of the NRC to the undersigned not later than Friday, 10th September, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Head Human Resources and Administration
Zambia Gold Company Limited
Kudu Road, Kabulonga
Download the document here: Advertisement 1 September 2021
To apply for this job email your details to JobsZamGold@zccm-ih.com.zm.