Job Title: Assistant Accountant Payables
The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
Ensures invoices are properly authorized in accordance with levels of authority and allocated to correct Supplier & General Ledger accounts on a daily basis;
- Optimizes record keeping for all accounting documentation and schedules for all transactions and accounts that this position is responsible for;
- Coordinates all relevant information and data for reporting purposes e.g. account schedules and creditors reconciliations are done on time as per PPPs and ensures that there are on checking, verifying and signing them;
- Attends to and resolves all internal and external customer queries or escalate unresolved queries in line with set guidelines;
- Attends to all internal and external audit requirements related to the Function;
- Ensures accruals related to all contracts related to this function are made on a timely basis and adequate and accurate schedules are reconciled with the ledger monthly and signed off after approval.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credit or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- Tertiary accounting qualification; ZICA//CIMA Managerial /ACCA Level 2;
- Minimum of three (3) years Accounts payable experience;
- Good Knowledge of ERP systems;
- Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Experience in the telecommunications environment is essential.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
To apply for this job please visit mtnzambia.zohorecruit.com.