Lusaka South Multi Facility Economic Zone Limited
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Nature of Job: Temporary Employment
Duration: 6 months
Job Purpose : To assist manage financial activities and apply accounting principles to analyse financial information in order to prepare accurate and timely financial reports.
- Accurately preparation and submission of financial reports to facilitate decision making
- Updates cash books on a regular and timely basis and ensure petty cash is properly secured and approving payments vouchers
- Ensure that all payments made are backed by funds in cash book and make follow ups for payments from Customers
- Ensure that reminders are sent to members of staff with pending retriable Imprest and adequate supporting documents are attached.
- Ensure all outstanding retriable Imprest if any are receipted and deposited in the company account within forty-eight hours.
- Ensures that all payments made are backed by funds in cash book, as well as payment follow – ups from customers
- Conducts bank reconciliations every month
- Undertake timely the receipt and recording of revenue to enhance accountability
- Effectively undertake the banking of revenue to safeguard company funds
- Effectively undertake the issuance of payments to meet company obligations
- Provide any management accountancy issues to ensure that managers and staff understand financial and budgetary requirements
- Petty Cash disbursement and accounting thereof, makes payments, reconciles debtor’s ledger and reconciles accounts payables ledger.
Qualifications & Experience:
(a) CA Diploma / ACCA II / CIMA II or equivalent.
(b) Fully paid-up Technician or Licentiate Member of the ZICA
(c) 3 years in work experience in similar role
(d) Interpersonal skills
(e) In- depth understanding of accounting and management principles
(g) Analytical skills
(h) Knowledge of accounting packages
(i) Good communication skills
Please apply by sending an application letter & CV to [email protected].
Closing date for submission of application letters is 22nd April 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.