WidEnergy Africa Limited
About WidEnergy Africa Limited
We are a social, for-profit start-up that focuses on the last-mile distribution of clean, affordable, and reliable energy solutions. Since 2016, we have empowered over 20,000 Zambians with solar products especially with our recently launched Pay As You Go solar home systems in the market. Our solar products allow customers to use mobile payments such as Mobile Money and Airtel Money to pay for their solar lighting system on a weekly basis, which makes it affordable, environment friendly, and healthier for off-grid customers such as farmers.
We are searching for a talented, motivated, and experienced candidate to join our team as “Assistant Accountant”.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain updated fixed asset registry for the organization
- Advise management to plan for fixed asset revaluations, in line with Accounting policies
- Review and post accounting entries into the business systems
- Review assigned General Ledger balance sheet account reconciliations, including tax accounts and selected bank reconciliations
- Coordinate and manage rental payments for Service Center Offices
- Coordinate with Sales and Operations Manager to process payments of commissions to Sales Agents
- Receive invoices and prepare them for payment by the Accountant
- Make follow up on pending payments
- Verification of purchases in line with the procurement policy
- Make reconciliations for employees who return from fieldwork
- Disbursements of funds for consumables from petty cash.
- Provide timely accurate analysis of budget variance and financial reports to assist the Accountant – Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Provide assistance to Accountant with day-to-day accounting duties
- Analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to Detail
- Degree in Accounting
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Experience with Pastel Accounting (Added advantage)
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (Added advantage)
- Microsoft Office suite
To apply for this job please visit www.shortlist.net.