Website Brilliant Executive Management
Job Category: Banking
Phone: +260 950 692990
The Asset Liability Management & Treasury Officer will be responsible of Compiling a capital plan, which forecasts regulatory and economic capital demand & supply across business units over a 3-year planning horizon while assessing if the forecast capital position meets regulatory and Board approved targets. Operating and monitoring the application of fund transfer pricing (FTP) operation, lending and deposit rate policies under approved mechanisms, providing suggestions for implementing/amending fund transfer policies, interest rate policies based on market situation. Oversee the Liquidity risk management including monitoring liquidity, constructing liquidity management framework and liquidity contingency plan, providing suggestions in adjusting/implementing new liquidity limits and planning scenario to prevent liquidity risk.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management of the liquidity, funding and collateral operations of ALM Treasury, for both ALM Treasury own activities and funding of business lines
- Responsibility for the in-country ALM process within the guidelines set by the Bank Treasury
- Assist in the execution of interest rate risk hedging operations, propose and implement market optimisation strategies
- Ensuring FTP guides business (Retail, Corporate and Trading) behaviour and immunizes businesses from market risk as far as possible
- Achieving an appropriate risk profile within Group standards and risk tolerances by centralizing, netting and hedging all manageable risk via the Treasury Execution Services (TES) desk
- Assist with the management of FX positions arising from day to day activities, and monthly FX hedging of business PNL (sell down)
- Measuring, analysing and interpreting interest rate risk in the banking book
- Performing margin compression analysis
- Conduct analysis of financial markets & their evolution, particularly those related to risks managed by ALM Treasury (interest rates, FX)
- Perform PNL analysis/attribution, analysis of the balance sheet and its evolution
- Contribute to processes related of regular management reporting, such as liquidity dashboards and ALCO, internal and external liquidity indicators.
- Assist across the various areas of operational risk and control for ALM Treasury activities.
- Contribute to ALM Treasury and wider Group projects.
- Ensure compliance with trader mandate, ALM Treasury policies, risk/credit limits and banking laws.
- Ensuring all behavioural assumptions from a liquidity perspective are in line with Bank Treasury guidelines
- Responsible for the bank’s Liquidity Risk Appetite setting
- Coordinating all capital applications (including SBL dispensations and guarantee applications) ensuring quality of applications whilst managing in-country expectations
Required Skills and Competencies
- Confident verbal, written communication and networking skills
- Great organisational, multitasking
- Time management skills
- Strong analysis and judgement
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Curious and eager to learn
- Team player, proactive, independent
- Enthusiastic and self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate risk awareness
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Social Sciences or any related field
- Master’s Degree or MBA in Finance would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of at least seven (7) years’ experience in credit underwriting/analysis, credit evaluation and control in a Banking environment
- At least three years (03) years’ experience at senior management/department Head level
- Experience in dealing with Senior/Executive Management
- Good knowledge of Bank of Zambia guidelines and other relevant Credit related Regulations including Basel II
- Experience of presenting to and communicating with senior management and the Board
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Banking and Financial Services
QUALIFIED FEMALES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR ABOVE THE POSITION
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 working days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.