To safely carry out Rigging operations according to the prescribed standards.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Must be able to align, level and anchor machinery
- Must be competent in attaching loads to prepare them for moving or lifting, using hand and power tools.
- Must be able to attach pulleys blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, and pole beams using bolts and clamps
- Must be able to control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces using chain blocks, lever hoists etc.
- Dismantle and store lifting equipment after use
- Must be able to fabricate, set up, and repair rigging hoists and pulling gear using hand and power tool’s.
- Must be competent with rigging signals when hoisting and moving loads in order to ensure safety of personnel and materials.
- Must be able to select rigging equipment such as pulleys, slings and winches according to the load weight, dimensions, facilities and work schedules.
- Must be competent in the testing of rigging equipment to ensure safety and reliability
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor
- Artisan certificate in Rigging
- Candidate should have minimum 5 year’s experience in related field
- Bolder, Smarter & Driven initiative
- Thinking safety at all times
- Upholding quality- Right First Time
- Technical Skill
- Planning skills
- Driving quantity
- Driving attendance
- Cost saving (ie- minimise unnecessary overtime & reducing wastage)
- Standby and overtime where required
- Exposure to noise / dust / heat/ gas fumes
- Planning and preparation
- Willingness to work shifts occasionally- if necessary
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.