Purpose of the role:
To assist the Mine Services department in the handling, construction and maintenance of all in pit dewatering systems and services with the focus on all boilermaker activities and similar tasks associated within the section.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure statutory Compliance at all times.
- Ensuring that all maintenance is carried out in a safe and efficient manner, to assure maximum reliability and uptime.
- Conduct all planned maintenance activities in due time, and as per supervisor instruction.
- Provide a high level of work quality, housekeeping, and efficiency.
- Support the operation of the equipment when necessary
- Identify any defect through regular inspection, and fix them or escalate them.
- Support the department’s KPI of uptime, environmental compliance, and safety.
- Meeting set work targets for daily work group activities in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Achieving results through prioritizing activities, monitoring the progress of assignments, and holding self-accountable for the results.
- Motivate yourself and others in overcoming obstacles and achieving goals.
- Planning & assisting in laying out of work on new projects.
- Ensuring maximum plant availability at all times.
- A proven ability to work with other disciplines to achieve minimal disruption to plant operating times
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications & Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Craft Certificate in Fitter or Mechanics
- Valid Zambian driver’s license
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a large mining operation
Job Specific Competencies
- Proven experience with pumping and piping systems and open pit dewatering, unplanned repair & installation tasks on plant equipment.
- Proven experience with diesel engines and large pumps and pumping systems
- Ability to multi-task & work well in a team environment
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- High regard and commitment to safe work practices
Key Job Attributes
- Attention to detail
- Pride in the quality of his own work and possess high standards.
- Must possess Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Must be flexible to work and attend to any shift as assigned
- Ability to multi-task
- Personal accountability
- Must be an active listener
- Must be a good team player
- Must demonstrate good peer relationships
- Must be able to effectively manage time
- Must be smart
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.