Purpose of the role:
- To install and maintain planned and unplanned plant equipment. The incumbent will perform maintenance activities in a safe and effective manner with the aim of delivering results that meet quality standards and company expectations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Structural repairs and alterations.
- General fabrication
- Full welding skills
- Use oxy and Acetylene cutting torches.
- Able to read and work from schematic drawings.
- Inspections of components to determine reliability.
- Assist in maintaining the availability of the fleet through effective preventative maintenance procedures.
- Take reasonable precautions as stipulated to minimize hazards to other personnel and equipment during the course of the work
- Provide feedback to the management on issues identified, progress of jobs and planned work.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Supervisor
Job Specific Competences
- Have a sound knowledge of metal types.
- Have a sound knowledge of welding processes and electrodes and welding wire.
- Able to interrupt complex Fabrication drawings
- Have a sound knowledge of how to handle equipment and materials.
- Experience with heavy fabrication
- Fixed and Mobile plant experience
- The welding of aluminum and cast iron
- Oxy lancing
- Air arc gouging
- Welding with gas and gasless welding wires
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- A minimum of a Craft certificate in Metal Fabrication. Higher qualifications will be an added advantage
- Must be a current member of EIZ.
- 3 years’ experience in the mining industry in a similar role
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.