Purpose of the role
- The position of boilermaker is to maximize plant availability through, maintaining operational integrity of the plant & equipment in order to achieve production targets.
- Reporting directly to the Mechanical Supervisor, you shall be responsible for providing the highest quality services and that all services provided are performed within a safe and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all plant maintenance tasks in a safe, timely and to a high quality and preventing any rework
- Be a self-starter and able to work with both autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a commitment to work place safety and the safety of your co-workers
- Must be able to weld using SMAW (MMA) & GMAW (MIG MAG)
- How to work safely and maintain good housekeeping
- Able to read fabrication drawings and their weld symbols
- How to develop out components & pipework from fabrication drawings
- Able to use Oxygen & Acetylene cutting, Plasma cutting and air arc gouging.
- Have good knowledge of material handling.
- Fabrication of structural steel work and pipe work.
- Weld using multiple processes to a high standard.
- Be able to take actuate measurements and fabricate from them.
- Operate Fabrication equipment – Break Press – Guillotine – Sheet metal rollers – profile cutters.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained by cleaning up before, during and after every task
- Be able to work overtime if need arises
- Be able adhere to safety requirements of the task
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Grade 12 Certificate
- A minimum of a Craft certificate in Metal Fabrication. Higher qualifications will be an added advantage
- Must be a current member of EIZ.
- 3 years’ experience in the mining industry in a similar role
- Have a min of one weld coding in either SMAW (MMA) or GMAW in the 5G position in accordance with AWS D1.1, AWS D14.3 or AS/NZS 1554
- Detail Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Team player
- Effective communication skills
- Conscientious attitude
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.