Overall Job Purpose
Responsible for the execution of all auto electrical work and Air-conditioning repairs on various vehicles, Earth moving machineries and ancillary equipment to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions
Specific Job Responsibility
- Perform auto electrical work on vehicles and heavy equipment machinery.
- Adhere to the company’s planned and preventive maintenance schedules and procedures.
- Respond to unplanned breakdowns when on duty timeously.
- Design and build auto electrical systems required to support operational functions
- Prepare wiring diagrams and specifications for low voltage electrical equipment applications
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Assist to determine critical spare parts in order to generate strategic critical list and reasonable stock level for spare parts.
- Help design, wire or re-wire electrical circuits to improve the reliability of the electrical equipment.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Diagnose and repair electrical faults in various vehicles and machinery
- Maintain work area/s in a satisfactory condition and ensure compliance with Workplace Health and Safety requirements
- Maintain the correct and safe usage of all hand tools and company property within your section.
- Other duties as instructed by the Supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work safely and improve team safety awareness.
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Can demonstrate understanding of mobile equipment electrical circuit analysis, troubleshooting, installation and repair.
- Proven ability to maintain, repair, wire, and install auto electrical components including electrical harnesses, starter motors, alternators, valves, solenoids.
Key Job Attributes
- Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Identify repairs required via unfair wear and tear, and advise the shift supervisor.
- Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
- Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
- Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
- The ability and drive to manage maintenance work group in a technically challenging and geographically remote maintenance environment.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
Experience required to perform in this job
- Knowledge in Basic First Aid and Basic Health and Safety
- Excellent team building, organisation and communication skills
- At least 5 years’ working experience in heavy equipment operations preferably in the mining environment.
- Proven experience in maintenance of mining industry diesel propelled ancillary mobile equipment and/or drills including dozers, excavators, wheel dozers, service trucks, and wheel loaders.
- Experience in maintenance of diesel propelled drills such as Sandvik
- Experience in some or all of the following machines: Volvo AF40 series; Komatsu D375, D475, HD1500,HD758, WA300, WA600, WD500 and WD900 series; Liebherr 9100 and 9250 series;
- Full grade twelve (12) certificate
- Craft Certificate/ Diploma in Automotive Engineering with a Specialization in Auto-Electricity
- Valid Driver’s license
To apply for this job please visit www.first-quantum.com.