Zambia National Commercial Bank
Zanaco Plc is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Information Technology Division under the Projects & Technology Transformation Department at Head Office: –
APPLICATION DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT SENIOR SPECIALIST (X1)
The function is responsible for the support, development and implementation of applications. This role works with architects, data analysts and business analysts to accept requirements, translates these requirements into solution design and participates in the full development process lifecycle from concept through testing, implementation, and support using the Agile development methodologies.
Under the supervision of the Enterprise System Architect Head, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and maintain system interfaces.
- Develop and maintain code for application systems based on functional specifications, best practices and without appreciable direction
- Create and maintain documentation and communicate using collaborative tools
- Work with business analysts to produce end user functionality
- Provides input and recommendations to project leadership and team members regarding applications systems analysis, design, development, and implementation.
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development
- Continuously improve systems and solutions
- Understanding the use cases (and/or user stories) in order to oversee the design of the architecture for the products to be built
- Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the development team
- Making technical recommendations to business in order to automate and make processes efficient or improve customer experience.
- Collaborate with the vendors to identify the features that might be of value to Zanaco
- Provides the options in the determination and implementation of architectural solutions.
- Evaluates current and future solutions, applications, technologies and establish overall requirements and planning objectives.
· Any other responsibilities or tasks as maybe assigned by management.
- External: Regulators, External Auditors
- Internal: All internal Business Units
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology / Software Engineering.
· Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
- At least five (5) years of experience in Software Engineering
- Knowledge about various architectures and protocols such as MOM, XSLT, SOA, UDDI, EDA, REST, XML, FTP, WSDL, and SOAP, ISO 8583 an added advantage
- Understanding of core banking applications, card management systems, Payment Solutions i.e. Card, Mobile, Internet, USSD, Apps
- Certification in database engineering using Oracle and SQL development
- Agile project management experience an added advantage
- Experience with Banking is an added advantage
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills
- Research skills
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Drive for results
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to detail
- Planning skills
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to [email protected] no later than Monday, 29th November 2021.
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.