Entrust Stock Feed
An Animal Nutritionist is responsible for creating and balancing rations to ensure all dietary needs are met for animals under their supervision.
As an animal nutritionist, you’ll need to:
- Evaluate the chemical and nutritional value of feeds, feed supplements, grass and forage for commercial animals.
- Formulate diets and rations to maximise growth, reproduction, health and performance
assess the relative nutritional and economic value of feeding systems
- Research the effectiveness of dietary regimes conduct animal-based studies and laboratory trials
- Support agricultural consultants in their work
- Liaise with producers and clients to understand their targets and objectives, and the specific needs of the market.
- Monitor feed formulations to meet quality performance and animal health standards
- Provide advice on nutrition to farmers, other animal owners, veterinarians and government bodies
- Rationalise animal feed manufacturing techniques
- Expand existing ranges of animal food products and develop new ones
- Support commercial teams in producing and launching new products
- Carry out sales and marketing strategies following the launch of a new product
- Balance growing consumer interest in quality with the need to develop competitive agricultural systems
- Maintain expertise in nutritional trends and keep up to date with regulatory changes
- Use software to formulate diets, conduct research and generate reports
- Investigate nutritional disorders and the safe storage of feeds, often in conjunction with veterinary surgeons.
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years
- Academic Qualification: A minimum of a Diploma in ( Animal Science with experience in feed production systems).
- Must have experience in maximizing economic output through equalizing of nutrition and production parameters
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work influentially across interfaces are important
- Must have excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including the ability to professionally interact with people at all levels are essential
- Experience in formulation software, i.e. Format or Spesfeed would be ideal