DEPARTMENT : Airtel Mobile Commerce
VACANCY : Airtel Money Country Director
LOCATION : Lusaka, HQ
Responsible for leading and managing the overall Airtel Money business and performance of the Airtel Money P&L entity
Core Responsibilities Are;
- Define the strategy & roadmap for the Airtel Money business within the existing & evolving regulatory, industry & technological framework in-country.
- Conceptualize, develop the product proposition & establish Airtel Money as the significant and sustainable revenue stream within the mainstream GSM business.
- Own the product P&L for the Airtel Money business by centrally developing the product, enabling processes, policy & regulatory framework
- Build the Airtel Money organization
- Secure and manage alliances to ensure achievement of business goals as per the Annual Operating Plan
- Create ‘Airtel Money’ as salient brand in the mobile money space and drive customer acceptance & adoption
- Liaise with regulators, banks, merchants, agents, consultants, payment companies and other technology providers to develop the mobile payments sector
- Build the mobile payments ecosystem by identifying & aligning partners with tactical & strategic business goals and ensuring their support for the business roadmap and customer delight objectives
- Support development of new usage categories using Airtel Money which can transform & enrich the lives of both retail & business customers
- Define product roadmap in-line with Group IT, Revenue Assurance, Finance & Commercial requirements
- Engage partner banks, group, regulators, consultants and partners in service development
- Monitor and provide recommendations based on competitor activity, banks, MFI and MTNO’s activities & technological advancements to ensure Airtel Money is competitive and profitable.
- Coordinate with legal and regulatory teams on effectively managing regulatory requirements and ensure full compliance with all regulatory provisions.
Skills And Knowledge
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- University Degree in business, sales or marketing
- IT literacy
- Proven ability to analyze complex business issues and identify, design and implement effective practical recommendations
- 8+ years’ experience in business, sales or marketing
- At least 5 years’ leadership experience at a senior management level.
- Mobile Banking/Commerce experience will be an advantage
- Sales roles in FMCG or Retail Financial Services will be an added advantage
Other requirements (Behavioral etc.)
- Business awareness
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively across a wide range of cultures.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning skills
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Strong coaching skills and Culture sensitivity
- Able to handle and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
Suitable candidates requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 14th January 2022.
Airtel Mobile Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.