Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 125 direct employees, a further 1,200 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
AGRICULTURE COORDINATOR (X1)
This position reports to The Community & Stakeholder Relations Manager
Core Purpose of the Position
To help coordinate the Community Agricultural producers, help to measure, improve and credibly promote the Mine’s sustainability efforts, ensuring effective utilisation of land and water resources to benefit communities and thereby promote good relations between Lubambe and the Communities.
The Agriculture Coordinator will be responsible for providing sustainable agricultural support for the farming operations of LCM and the communities surrounding the Mine. The coordinator will consolidate and summarize current on-farm resource use for the community Farmers and streamline data tracking procedures.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Assist the CSR Manager in establishing goals, performance metrics and long-range strategic plans for the Community farmers.
- Assess the capacity of partner implementing agencies, farmers’ cooperatives and other community-based groups, and design and implement appropriate capacity building plans.
- Develop a sustainable business promotion strategy for cooperatives and other groups through a series of meetings with key stakeholders with a focus on maximising profits in the value chain.
- Lead the development and implementation of appropriate strategies and initiatives to organise farmers into cooperatives and other groups in close coordination with other stakeholders.
- Provide overall technical leadership and direction for programme activities aimed at significantly increasing the productivity and crop production by community farmers.
- Generate new and innovative ideas and lead in the design of the agricultural development components of potential large-scale integrated livelihood programmes.
- Maintain good rapport with the Community through regular contacts and communication on Land and water resource management matters.
- Negotiate agreements with stakeholders on values, water quality, soils and other natural values of importance to the community.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge to enhance community awareness of sustainable land management issues and solutions to these issues.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of community initiatives for the protection of biodiversity, water quality, soils and other natural values.
- Undertake other relevant duties as directed by the Manager.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Agricultural Sciences or Preferably Crop or Environmental Sciences
- Minimum five years’ experience in developing and managing agricultural development programmes (agronomy/agriculture extension, horticulture)
- Knowledge and understanding of the Agricultural Industry, specifically:
- Fertilizers and soil amendments
- Irrigation-water conservation and protection
- Integrated pest management
- Zambian vegetable cropping systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in generating new ideas and implementing them.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel.
- High level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work across organisations with strong communication and listening abilities and good problem-solving skills.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title of the job you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 17th June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.