Farm Depot Zambia
Job description – Agricultural Extension Officer
The duty of the Extension Officer is to
Objectives of this Role:
- Facilitate and communicate with farmers to help them in their decision-making
- Need to communicate to farmers all agricultural information on natural resources, animals, crops, on how best to utilise the farmland, how to construct proper irrigation schemes, the economic use and storage of water, how to combat animal disease, and how to save on the cost of farming equipment and procedures.
- Ensuring that appropriate knowledge is implemented to obtain the best results with regards to sustainable production
- Promoting collaboration in the implementation of a projects and programs
- Ensuring good relations/ communication between Farm Depot and Farmers
- Conducting regular site visits
- Informing customers of any promotions to encourage purchases.
- To educate & train the farmers especially with regard to poultry farming
- Attend all to customer queries pertaining to their chicken brooding and /or crops.
- Work hand in hand with the Marketing team in promoting the Farm Depot brand
- Assist resolve customer complaints and issues in a timely and professional manner
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Well-presented and professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should be comfortable working with large groups of people
- Must have a passion for animals
- Must understand agricultural education practices, family and consumer science
- Team player
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Friendly & professional demeanor
- Have a diploma in agriculture with a major in animal science
- Able to ride a motorbike will be added advantage
To apply for this job please visit farmdepot.co.zm.