Job Title: Advisor – Planning Monitoring and Evaluation
- Lusaka, Zambia
- Contract type: National employment contract
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development. For more information, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org.
The Planning Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor is part of a SNV Country Organisation and works at country and (multiple) project level within a country on development projects in all of the sectors Agriculture, WASH or Energy.
The Advisor is specialised in all aspects of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME) and provides strategic leadership, technical insights and advisory services thereof to the SNV Zambia Portfolio. The Advisor ensures quality of M&E practices throughout the country portfolio. The Advisor provides strategic guidance and gives input to Project Managers and project partners in order to meet the agreed objectives and realise successful interventions. The Advisor is responsible to lead a unit that identifies and acts on opportunities and areas for improvement, to ensure quality of PME in SNV Zambia’s Portfolio.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Strategic & day-to-day management of PME activities across SNV Zambia projects
- PME team management, incl. training
- Development of M&E tracking tools
- Quality assurance of M&E data collection processes, analysis and reporting by project teams and implementing partners
- Technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the Project Manager
- Active participation and strategic guidance in programme planning processes and project proposals
- Knowledge development, incl. report writing, policy brief development etc
Specific activities include the following:
- Providing strategic leadership to PME work for SNV Zambia by engaging with country management, PME team, project managers and head office PME support unit
- In liaison with the project team design and develop, the Project Performance Monitoring Plan and learning framework
- Oversee project M&E by designing and putting in place M&E systems, training staff in PME unit and project teams
- Development and review of project plans and budgets in order to guide program implementation in collaboration with project managers
- Work with the project Manager to ensure that M&E materials are available and the latest procedures, guidelines and protocols are used by the project
- Guiding staff, and implementing partners in preparing progress reports
- Collecting, compiling, and analysing reports prepared by the project staff and implementing partners and consolidating draft progress reports for project management and donor
- Producing timely monitoring and impact assessment reports to the project manager in order to provide project performance information
- Ensuring that data provided by beneficiaries and all reports submitted by the project team are accurate and complete by putting in place data quality control mechanism
- Guiding the regular sharing of the outputs of M&E findings with project staff and primary stakeholders
- Ensuring that monitoring data are discussed in the appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action
- Providing support to the design and implementation of surveys and research
- Coordinating project evaluations and advising on appropriate actions
- Undertaking regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed
- Master’s degree in social science (sociology, development studies, economics,) or other relevant discipline
- 10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, training and facilitation, participatory assessment, data processing/analysis.
- Experience in developing M&E tools, frameworks, packages and train others in their use.
- Proven and demonstrated use of spreadsheets and IT statistical packages such as SPSS.
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Experience in the agriculture, WASH and/or energy space is an advantage
- Strategic leadership skills to guide PME team and project managers, and engage with senior management
- Ability to translate technical information into practical guidance tools and effectively communicate these
- Ability to work effectively in a team consisting of people with different technical backgrounds and with varying levels of technical training
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills and ability to write for a range of audience and purposes
- Self-Starter and highly motivated.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver quality products that meet deadlines and requirements
- Team player
- Relationship builder
- Ability to work with a wide range of actors from different backgrounds (smallholder farmers, private sector companies, government, and NGOs)
Interested candidates that meet the above qualifications may apply by submitting a cover letter and CV (no more than 3 pages). Closing date is on 16th July 2021
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.