International School of Lusaka
Employment Opportunity – Admissions Secretary
The International School of Lusaka is one of the oldest and largest international schools in Africa. Our school is a vibrant, diverse community with teachers and students from nearly fifty different countries. We provide a modern, student-centred education with curriculum from the International Baccalaureate Organization and other sources. We seek applications from enthusiastic, qualified and experienced individuals for the position of Admissions Secretary
Reporting to and working in concert with the Public Relations and Marketing Manager, the Admissions Secretary is responsible for attracting, enrolling and onboarding families to the International School of Lusaka. These are delineated below:
To publicize and promote the school with the aim of attracting families to the school.
Work actively with the division secretaries and other staff to ensure a smooth and efficient enrolment process
Work actively with the division secretaries and other staff to ensure a smooth transition to being part of our school community
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Admissions Secretary will be responsible for overseeing and managing the complete admissions cycle from start to finish for all points of entry from Nursery to IB while ensuring an efficient, warm and welcoming professional service for parents, pupils, staff, feeder schools and the wider public. Tasks will typically include the following, although the list is not exhaustive:
Working in partnership
- Work closely with, and provide relevant information to the Primary Principal, Secondary Principal and Head of School in their key decision-making roles within the admissions process.
- Provide written and verbal updates to colleagues across the School as required
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including the Principals, Head of School, PA’s, Marketing Manager, Finance Team, Teachers, and IT Team.
- Liaise with the Teacher responsible for various year groups with regard to the availability of places, curriculum opportunities, admissions criteria etc.
- Provide materials for and be present at the Morning Coffee for Parents/Open Morning and on other public occasions as required
- Build and maintain relationships with feeder schools
- Oversee and manage the organization of individual assessments, collective assessment days and scholarship assessments including examinations, interviews and refreshments
- Liaise with the members of staff responsible for the entrance tests to ensure that information on candidates and on results is up-to-date
- Ensure all assessment information is recorded in the school’s information management system
- Ensure that relevant staff have access to all required information such as pupil questionnaires and school reports when making decisions on offers
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Track admissions’ information in an accurate and timely manner, including expressions of interests, visits, registrations, assessments, scholarships and enrolments
- Manage a continuing analysis of contacts, applications and admissions
- Maintain full awareness of where there are available places at different points of entry
- Operate the admissions process in compliance with the appropriate legal and regulatory
- Initiating and responding to contact with the school by prospective parents as required
- Nurture and establish relationships with families throughout the admissions process
- Create and send out letters and emails relating to the admissions process including assessment and scholarship invitations, requests for school reports and offer letters
- Manage visit and tour arrangements for prospective pupils and families, working very closely with the PAs
- Keep all documentation up to date in a searchable and auditable form
- Manage and develop a systematic follow-up process for all admissions contacts
- Provide sensitive and diplomatic feedback to parents based on the school’s admissions policies
- Ensure that the admissions-related sections of the school website is kept up to date
- Co-ordinate the induction process with staff, Principals and Student Support as appropriate
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English
- Degree in Public Administration, Marketing or another relevant degree
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar position
- Knowledge of G-Suite, EdAdmin, Open apply and ManageBac an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a warm, welcoming manner.
- Excellent spoken communications skills
- Excellent written communications skills
- A customer-focused approach
- Capable of learning on the job
- Capable of attention to detail
- Capable of showing initiative
- Well motivated
- Professionalism and adherence to confidentiality
- Knowledge of CRM systems and processes
- Knowledge of the ISAZ School sector in Zambia
- Experience of working in an ISAZ School environment
- Experience of working with international pupils and their families
- Experience of working in School Admissions.
- Experience of using a school management system to record and generate data
- An understanding of regulatory compliance issues
- Excellent IT skills
Contract: This position is a two-year consensual contract that may be renewed at the discretion of the school management.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and curriculum vitae by email to the Human Resource and Administration Officer, International School of Lusaka ([email protected]). The closing date for applications is 30th September 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.