USAID DISCOVER - Health Project
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is public health organization that is committed to improving the health and well-being of underserved and vulnerable people and communities throughout the world, and to providing an environment where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause. JSI seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and staff for its United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-supported District Coverage of Health Services (USAID DISCOVER-Health) Project. The USAID DISCOVER-Health project aims to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
JSI USAID DISCOVER Health Project is recruiting for the following position:
Position Title: Administrative Assistant (x1)
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Lusaka Region Office
Reports to: Regional Finance and Administration Manager
The Administrative Assistant will execute USAID DISCOVER-Health administrative functions including assisting with project logistics, procurement of supplies, organizing and coordinating administrative arrangements, performing clerical tasks and maintaining clear and detailed records as needed to assist the USAID DISCOVER-Health project and staff to operate efficiently and effectively. Further, the Administrative Assistant will be required to manage the front desk and handling incoming calls, visitor welcoming and any other tasks assigned by the Regional Finance and Administration Manager.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Providing Logistics/Administrative support, booking of hotel venues, accommodation for meetings and workshops and prepare/organize meeting and workshop materials.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate up-to-date stock records and implementing strict stock control system for all USAID DISCOVER-Health inventory including office supplies, stationery & consumables and ensure that procurement requests for replenishments are made in a timely manner.
- Assist in obtaining quotations, compiling and analysing cost information and data to assist in the selection of vendors including preferred vendors for stationary, supplies, services, and hotels and update information periodically.
- Maintain database of preferred hotels, lodges and venues obtaining feedback from project staff to keep information current and updated. Circulate to staff periodically.
- Arrange and prepare documents and supervise the photocopying and printing of materials for the project as required.
- Facilitate International travel arrangements for USAID DISCOVER-Health staff as required
- Maintain and distribute up-to-date directory of USAID DISCOVER-Health staff and partner contact information for the Hub and ultimately the project
- Assist with fleet management including daily despatch
- Management of courier services and maintenance of records for invoice process
- Project phone management of all Hub staff lines
- Responsible for taking staff minutes at all staff meetings
- Assist in maintaining a filing system for all Project administrative and technical files for the Hub.
- Tracking and ensuring that all hotel invoices related to the hub are settled on time
- Maintain and update in liaison with HR, Hub staff leave schedule
- Assist where required with site assessments and general site maintenance
- Maintain Hub Petty cash and ensure correct and on time retirement
- Supervise the Hub Office Assistance and maintenance staff
- Minimum qualification required is a diploma in Business Administration or office management.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar office administrative position.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills required: including excellent word processing skills and experience with MS Word. Experience with Excel spreadsheets also preferred.
- Good interpersonal, teamwork, and supervisory skills
- Good writing and organizational skills.
- Exhibit friendly and helpful demeanour at all times given the high level of interaction with partners and clients.
Mode of Application:
To apply for this position please follow this link or click the apply button below.
Your application should be sent as one “Word” document, consisting of a cover letter and a detailed CV with full addresses and contact telephone numbers of at least 3 referees. Closing Date: Friday 25th February 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.jsirims.org.