The Institute of Directors of Zambia
JOB ADVERT: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the Institute and/or other supervisors to facilitate the efficient operation of the Institute.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls
- Receive and direct visitors and clients
- General clerical duties including photocopying, scanning and mailing
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Retrieve documents from filing system
- Handle requests for information and data
- Resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for the Finance and Administration Officer, Business Development Officer and /or other supervisors as the case may be
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Maintain office supply inventories
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- Coordinate and maintain records for staff, telephones, parking and petty cash
- Receipting of all payments received and ensuring that monies are deposited into the Institute’s Bank Account timeously
- Processing of all membership applications and annual subscriptions notices
- Data entry into the Institute’s Database and carrying out regular updates of the membership register.
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five (5) subjects including English and Mathematics.
- A Diploma in Office Management, Business Administration, Secretarial, etc.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing, record keeping and database management.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in the same capacity.
- Practical knowledge of the conduct of virtual meetings and social media skills would be an added advantage.
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Planning and organizing
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
Personal Quality & Attributes
- Ability to think strategically
- Self motivated
- Creative thinker
If interested, please send your applications and copies of your academic and professional certificated to:
The Executive Director