Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID Action HIV Project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID-Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Request to Hire Ref#: RTCZ22 – 055
Date advertised: 19th July 2022
Closing date: 22nd July 2022
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Chinsali Provincial Office
Contract type: Temp
Contract duration: Four (4) Months
Reporting to: Provincial Manager
Job grade: TBA
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimal Required Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Diploma in Business, Administration and other related fields
- Minimum of five (2) year professional experience in a similar position preferably in the NGO sector
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Good Communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to plan and organize
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Monitor the provision of contracted services such as security, garbage collection etc. to ensure services are fulfilled in accordance to contractual obligations
- Coordinate fuel reconciliation and retirement of all office fleet. Ensure timely submission of complete documentation (receipts, coupons, log sheets and fuel reconciliation sheets)
- Manage office filing system, organize and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information
- Manage the inventory of office supplies and refreshments, facilitate issuance of all stores items after approval by the Provincial and Administrative and Logistics Coordinator, using a stores requisition form
- Supervise all Drivers by ensuring that the motor vehicle usage policy is adhered to in line with fleet management
- Supervise the Office Assistant in the execution of their duties and monitor general cleanliness of offices and surrounding areas to ensure good work environment
- Review project vehicle and motorbike log sheets for completeness on a weekly basis. File filled in log sheets appropriately
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements for all local staff
- Receive and review procurement requisitions for travel for all local staff and submit complete documentation to Operations Lusaka for processing
- Provide administrative support for landlord/tenant relations, as well as accounts payable functions thereof.
- Generate and maintain vendors database of suppliers of goods and services and accommodation complete with active contact details (email and phone). Verify if these are on the RTC vendors data base. Submit completed Supplier Registration Forms for vendors not on database to Procurement Unit
- Assist in organizing of logistical support requirements for site visits, workshops, and accommodation to ensure smooth delivery of program activities
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
APPLY BY EMAIL TO CONTACT EMAIL ABOVE ATTACHING YOUR UPDATED RESUME AND COPIES OF ACCADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS.