Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Reports to Project Manager. The incumbent provides administrative and financial support required by the respective teams, acts as administrative/logistical liaison between the teams, facilities, finance, grants, and procurement departments. Tracks administrative, financial requests, quotations and location of equipment and other relevant administrative/logistical tasks. .
- Provides dynamic and proactive administrative support to the Provincial and District staff and Community Team members.
- Liaises with all team members to coordinate request of activity funds according to draw down schedule and according to approved budget.
- Processes and submits all expense requests as per the stipulated submission procedures as well as follow up the process proactively.
- Manages accurately office petty cash, prepares receipts and expenditure statements for submission to Finance and ensures timely retirements of activity funds.
- Facilitates procurement and availability of all required office supplies
- Ensures Office Utilities such as electricity are paid for timeously
- Tracks program expenses and supports tracking of approved regional budget.
- Maintains an active log system on all logistics orders and deliveries
- Maintains a good hard & soft copy filing system on all program correspondence and other documentation.
- Maintains a good stock and inventory management of onsite and offsite CIDRZ assets.
- Coordinates travel plans of the teams and help to plan/organize travel arrangements accordingly, with good communication of all parties involved
- Coordinates transport routing and drivers in line with CIDRZ transport policies
- Follows-up with other staff on program matters requiring timely decisions and actions
- Manages and organizes program events such as: trainings, meetings, retreats, team building activities, etc.
- Schedules and prepares for meetings and take minutes as requested
- Ensures Office premises are maintained in good order
- Diploma in Business Administration or relevant equivalent
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience working in an office environment and program support
- Ability to understand and utilize systems (e.g. ERP System)
- Planning and Organisational Skills
- Proven competency in MS Office Programs
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A commitment to teamwork and ability to work individually