Website ZCAS University
REPORTS TO BOARD SECRETARY
Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies (ZCAS) was enacted through an Act of Parliament (ZCAS Act No. 1 of 1989) for the purpose of training accountants, promoting research and advancement of learning in accountancy, finance, and related studies, providing advisory and consultancy services, and for related matters
ZCAS seeks to recruit an Administration and Human Resource Manager. Therefore, we invite applications from suitably qualified persons
PURPOSE OF JOB
To assist the Board Secretary in providing support to the Centre in the areas of
Administration and Human Resource Management thereby facilitating achievement of the
Centre’s business objective and the necessary culture changes.
1. Formulate, develop and implement Human Resource policies and procedures with
respect to the following:
(i) Recruitment and Selection
(ii) Training and Development
(iii) Industrial Relations and Employee Welfare
(iv) Salary Administration
2. Assist the Board Secretary to:
(i) Recruit and induct new members of staff;
(ii) Administer, monitor and review the Staff Performance Management and
(iii) Coordinate and monitor Training Needs Analysis and ensure effective planning
and implementation of training and development programmes and other learning
events at the Centre; and
(iv) Engage the Union during consultative meetings and negotiations for salaries and
Conditions of Service for unionized staff.
3. Interpret and implement the Centres Terms and Conditions of Service.
4. Manage the Personnel Information System aimed at maintaining up to date personnel
records and aggregate data required for establishment control, Management Reports and
administration of human resource procedures.
5. Ensure that Job Descriptions are formulated and agreed upon with Heads of department,
supervisors and job holders.
6. Administer the Centres Disciplinary Code and Grievance Procedures to maintain
discipline and industrial harmony.
7. Coordinate disciplinary processes for members of staff and mediate in employee disputes.
8. Control usage of the Centre’s pool vehicles and ensures that all vehicles are always
insured and are road worthy.
9. Ensure effective and efficient provision of security service at the centre to safeguard
members of staff, students and the Centres property.
10. Prepare separation notices and conduct exit interviews.
11. Oversee the operations of the Estates Unit.
12. Provide day to day solutions, expert counsel and accurate and timely information to
Management with compliance to statutory guidelines.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
(i) Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five (5) “O” levels including English and
(ii) Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field.
(iii) Masters Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field.
(iv) Five (5) years post qualifying work experience at Managerial level.
(v) Conversant with Zambian Labour Laws and other statutes of employment.
(vi) Computer literate.
(vii) Must be a Full Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management
(ZIHRM) with a current Practicing Certificate.
(viii) A Fellow of the ZIHRM will have added advantage.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Signed applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and at
least two (2) verifiable referees should be sent to the address below on or before
22nd June 2022.
Please note that only short-listed candidates shall be responded to.
The Board Secretary
Dedan Kimathi Road
P.O. Box 35243
email: [email protected]
Full details on the ZCAS Website www.zcas.edu.zm