Avani Hotels and Resorts
Refreshingly understated, contemporary and simple. Whether you want a leisurely family break or romantic escape, AVANI hotels and resorts provide the right space for relaxed and inspired comfort. Discerning service, relaxed dining and engaging recreation facilities for all guests are a given.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acknowledge the list of invoices submitted by the Receiving Clerk.
- Review the completeness of invoices, receiving reports, delivery notes, etc., for accurate invoice booking.
- Verify total invoice amounts against the days’ delivery receiving reports in the back-office interface.
- Conduct a thorough invoice verification process, checking for date accuracy, registration in the hotel’s operating entity, duplicates, and adherence to supplier registration details.
- Scrutinize invoices for compliance with department and account codes, taxes, and local requirements.
- Handle new types of expenses by verifying account codes with the Finance Controller.
- Maintain a register for receiving invoices and follow specific procedures for Annual Maintenance Contracts, mobile phone invoices, HLP invoices, telephone invoices, and statutory payments.
- Ensure proper accounting for invoices, including approval processes, meter readings, and supporting documentation.
- Prepare payment listing as scheduled, and ensure payment has been approved before processing payment.
- Ensure all supplier reconciliations are performed monthly.
- Run supplier ageing reports and prepare payments with necessary backup invoices.
- Reverse returned payments in the system, generate reports for payments made, and mark invoices as “PAID” with relevant details.
- Disburse cheques following local distribution practices and update registers accordingly.
- File paid invoices alphabetically supplier-wise, ensuring necessary backups are obtained for processing.
VAT and WHT Schedules:
- Prepare monthly computation of Value Added Tax (VAT) and Withholding Tax (WHT) schedules.
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations and accuracy in the computation of VAT and WHT amounts.
Preparation of Capex Orders:
- Facilitate the preparation of Capital Expenditure (Capex) orders.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to gather necessary information for Capex orders.
- Ensure adherence to budgetary constraints and approval processes for Capex expenditures.
- Coordinate with the Receiving Department for accrual lists with backup for pending purchases.
- Collect and process Expense Reports for local conveyance and trips according to policy.
- Address monthly financial commitments, such as hire purchase/lease instalments and rentals.
- Check supplier advances and coordinate with various departments for expense distribution details.
- Must possess the appropriate professional qualification. (An accounting diploma / Degree is an advantage)
- Be able to communicate by the English Language with reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- Be able to work with computer applications, particularly Microsoft Office products, and email with experience in the general ledger and other hotel-related computer operating systems.
Full grade twelve school certificate
Three traceable referees with their emails and mobile numbers
Closing date: 1st February 2024