- To ensure that Fixed assets are properly recorded and reported in accordance with MTN Zambia accounting regulation and standard.
- To maintain, perform and co-ordinate Balance sheet reconciliations including sub accounts ensuring completeness and timeliness.
- To Manage and process input and output in the General Ledger: Capturing of data into the ledgers, preparation and generation of analyses and reconciliations in accordance with company policies and procedures and management of both internal and external Customers
- To implement MTNZ fixed asset accounting policies, processes and procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP requirements and IAS;
- To maintain an effective relationship with all departments and the external auditors with reference to fixed assets in order to ensure maintenance of appropriate fixed assets records to support external financial reporting and to meet audit and tax requirements;
- To provide accurate and timely fixed asset operation and accounting related information in the financial statement;
- To provide regular and ad hoc reports on fixed assets accounting and management.
- To apply correct depreciation rates and residual values;
- To record new business initiatives timorously and accurately;
- To provide input in the development, prompt preparation and distribution of fixed assets input into financial reports;
- To monitor company capital expenditure;
- To obtain capital acceptance certificate for MTNZ qualifying capital expenditure;
- To record timeously and accurately all impairment, decommissioning costs, rebates and partial scrapping;
- Co-ordination and performance of balance sheet reconciliations;
- Develop and maintain a monthly reporting checklist for all balance sheet reconciliations;
- Ensure Processing and Reconciliation of all accruals by Checking that monthly accrual list is correctly computed, allocated and posted while clearing long outstanding entries timely;
- Ensure Processing and Reconciliation of Provisions;
- Ensure coordination of balance sheet accounts reconciliation monthly and submit for review by 10th Monthly;
- Ensure reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to the General Ledger;
- Ensure all reconciling items that arise from the reconciliation of the sub ledgers to the ledgers are resolved and cleared by 25th monthly
- Ensure completeness of month end reconciliation files with all relevant information;
- Ensure monthly reconciliation and confirmation of Mobile Money Intercompany Account;
- Coordinate adherence to Set Reporting KPIs for Financial Operations;
- Stays abreast of developments in areas of expertise and performs to the highest ethical and professional standards;
- Carries out any related duties that will enhance the mission of the job;
- Reconciliation of G/L and Balance sheet accounts on a Monthly basis;
- Handling and resolution of queries from both internal and external sources regarding payment;
- Extract and submit Opex reports to stakeholders and maintain prepayments/ deferred charges schedules;
- Perform monthly trend analysis on OPEX to ensure correctness and completeness;
- Monitor and implement quality standards and report non- compliance;
- Ensure correct document management i.e. filing;
- Coordinate all relevant information and data for reporting purposes e.g. monthly accrual lists, account schedules and creditors reconciliations are done on time as per PPPs and there on checking verifying and signing these;
- Attend to and resolve all internal and external customer queries or escalate unresolved queries in line with set guidelines;
- College Diploma in Accountancy/ZICA/AAT/CIMA/ACCA or related equivalent;
- Grade 12 Certificate. (5 O’ Level credits, including compulsorily English Language and Mathematics);
- Experience of three (3) years in Finance environment;
- Good understanding of accounting principles;
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite-Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- ERP, Payables and GL knowledge.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please indicate the job title in the subject of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title you are applying for as the filename of your application. Application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted and closing date for accepting applications is 24/05/2023.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.