Development Aid from People to People registered in 1990 as a national non-profit organisation with its headquarters in Ndola. The vision of DAPP is, through running grassroots projects, to assist people to get knowhow to improve their living conditions. DAPP seeks to build hope and to make disadvantaged people to stick together to fend for their families and community. DAPP and the communities work in partnerships on health, child development, education, human rights, economic empowerment including agriculture and environment. DAPP is also selling second hand clothes for generating funds for implementing social projects. DAPP works in 77 districts in all provinces and has a 1500 people staff complement. DAPP is a member of the Federation of Associations connected to the International Humana People to People Movement.
The DAPP Smallholder Farmers Support Programme is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for a position as Accounts Clerk to be based at the DAPP Smallholder Farmers support programme Office in Monze and Namwala.
1. Job summary
To assist the Project Manager in cash management and maintaining basic financial transactions and records.
2. Reporting relationships
- Reports to the Project Manager on day to day operations
- Reports to the Project Accountant on financial matters
3. Duties and essential job functions
- Reviews and ensures prompt retirement of receipts from the projects and sends to the Project Accountant
- Alerts the Project Accountant of any challenges from, or with the Project
- Ensures that all relevant information entered, or correspondence with the donor partners is maintained on a respective file for the respective donor
- Ensures that monthly reports are reviewed for data quality; and work directly and promptly with the Project leaders to correct any inaccuracies.
- Analyses and balance/creditors balances on the Cash Book and makes sure it is signed out by the Project Leader and sends copies to the Project Accountant
- Prepares receipts, ensuring that they reconcile with the revenue and system reports, reviewing supporting documentation, that is, ensuring that funds received from the partners have been receipted
- Processes and reviews receipts and travel expense reports related to the Project
- Works on other Projects as assigned in order to broaden scope and appreciation of what, and how other projects are undertaken
- Provides year-end support of external auditors requirements, which may include vouching and reconcilement
- Manages petty cash
- Maintains accurate monthly, weekly and daily report of transactions
4. Required qualifications
- Certificate in Accountancy
- One year post qualification experience
- Knowledge of the Pastel Accounting, or similar financial accounting package
- Membership of the Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA)
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
5. Application Method
- Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum 3 referees must be received by 2ndFebruary, 2021.
- The cover letter and CV must be one document, and the applicant’s name must be the document title.
- The subject of your email should be Accounts Clerk Position.
- Please indicate your current, or last salary and benefits in the cover letter.
- Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
- Please submit applications to these emails: [email protected] and [email protected] or deliver at DAPP Provincial Office
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.