Position: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (OPERATIONS)
Location: LUSAKA, ZAMBIA
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To carry out Operational accounting functions of PEP Zambia
- Ensure that invoices are approved by departmental heads before payments
- Make Payment to suppliers via Paylink and Business online systems
- Make duty payment for all imports as assessed by ZRA
- Tax payments as per submitted returns-Napsa, Vat etc
- Monitor and make payment of all monthly utility bills as they fall due, eg. MTN, Airtel, Zamtel, etC
- Supplier’s account reconciliations
- Capturing of all invoices into Account Payable module
- Review aged payable analysis report for payment and adjustments
- Attend to suppliers and ensure all queries are adequately attended to
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation for allocated accounts
- Prepare budget variance Reports and distribute to recipients
- Active participation in monthly reporting processes
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time, which has not been listed above.
JOB INCUMBENT REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 Secondary School
- Retail Experience would be a plus
- Computer literacy – MS Word, Excel knowledge
- English Speaking, Reading and Writing (compulsory)
- 23 years experience in a similar role will be an added advantage
- ZICA/ACCA CIMA Partially qualified or equivalent
- Core Skills needed: Honesty, Passion & Resourcefulness, Good Interpersonal communication skills, attention to details, self-motivated, stress management, problem assessment Planning & Organisation.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, February 2, 2022
If you are interested and meet the minimum requirements, please submit your English CV to [email protected] address.
If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks or the closing date of this position, please regard your application as being unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.