Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA)
The Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) a body corporate and responsible for regulation of public procurement in Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into ZPPA’s establishment for the following positions:
JOB TITLE: ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT – FINANCIAL, ZPPA 08
To assist in processing receipts and payroll related transactions and maintain records of transactions to facilitate decision making.
STATEMENT OF MAIN DUTIES
- Processes payroll related payments;
- Processes staff related payments such as leave travel, salary advances, loans and leave commutations;
- Undertakes banking and encashment of cheques;
- Undertakes receipting (Cashier) and performing of basic ledger reconciliations as assigned;
- Undertakes filing and extracting of box files and schedules needed for audit;
- Administers petty cash float, reimbursement forms and request additional petty cash as and when necessary;
- Assists in preparing retirement forms, journal vouchers and reconciliation of the imprest accounts;
- Assists in the preparation of monthly income statement and extract of loan schedules;
- Performs other lawful duties assigned by superior from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (5) credits or better.
Vocational or Professional Requirements:
Candidates should have any of the following;
- Diploma in Accountancy; or
- Level II in ACCA/CIMA/ZICA.
Relevant Post Qualification Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year experience in accounting.
- Knowledge in, Sage Evolution and Dove Payroll systems will be an added advantage
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Good computation, arithmetic and interpersonal skills
- Good writing and oral communication skills;
- computer skills and conversant with Microsoft office applications; and
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
The position of the Accounts Assistant – Financial is on permanent and pensionable basis.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence and should comprise an application letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of bachelor’s degree, Grade twelve (12) certificate (ECZ Certified) and any other relevant certificates. Applications should be addressed to the:
Zambia Public Procurement Authority
Stand No. Sub J-11790
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Longacres
P O BOX 31009
Candidates MUST download and fill in the Profile Summary Form placed on the website and email it together with other documents to [email protected]. Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line and sign-off the application letter for employment. The size of your attachments should not exceed 10 Megabyte. Only applications sent via email will be considered.
The closing date for receipt of applications will be Wednesday, 24th March, 2021 at 17:00 hours and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit zppa.org.zm.