Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ)
The Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ) was established by an Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1983, Chapter 137 of the Laws of the Republic of Zambia to set and conduct Examinations and award Certificates to successful candidates. The vision of the Council is to be an Educational Assessment Body of Excellence.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the following vacant position at Examination Council of Zambia Kitwe Service Centre.
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT – SERVICE CENTRE (NORTHERN REGION) (1), GRADE ECZ 4
Reporting to the Assistant Accountant -Service Centre, the Accountants Assistant will receipt all revenue from the Service Centre efficiently in order to account for the funds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide the clients on the available payment channels and service codes.
- Raise receipts for all cash, cheque and electronic payments received at the service centres.
- File receipts, Bank deposit slips together with respective daily cash reports.
- Display approved council service charges at the service Centre.
- Compile daily, monthly, quarterly and annual Service Centre cash reports.
- Reconcile daily cash revenue reports from the bank with the issued receipts.
- Files all processed receipts with necessary supporting documents in an order manner.
- File payment vouchers with all supporting documents including receipts where required.
- Prepare payment vouchers for the service centre related payments.
- Contact clients and suppliers on the collection of cheques.
- Maintain fully supported payment vouchers.
- Set targets and agree to performance measures in order to meet the strategic objectives of the institution.
- Perform any other duties related to the role or departmental/unit/sections functions as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform any other duties related to the core or operational business of ECZ (i.e. Examinations Administration) as assigned by Management or concerned department through the supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- School Certificate or its equivalent
- CA Zambia knowledge level or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting/Finance
- At least a Technician of ZICA.
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to submit an application letter, verified copies of Academic and Professional Certificates together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including three (3) traceable referees, copy of NRC and day time telephone numbers. All applications must reach the undersigned not later than 26th October, 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Electronic applications will not be accepted.
The Council Secretary
Examinations Council of Zambia
Haile Selassie Avenue, Longacres
P.O Box 50432