USAID DISCOVER - Health Project
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
USAID DISCOVER-Health project supports the Ministry of Health (MOH) in the provision of quality health services and products. The project’s aim is to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels.
The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
Position Title: Accounts Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
Reporting: Finance Manager
Duration: Six Months, up to September 2021
- Preparation of Activity budgets.
- Reconcile and clear the Mobile Money payments.
- Maintaining of a cheque register for all cheque payments and ensure that photocopies of signed checks are made before releasing checks to the respective payees/vendors.
- To ensure that all payment vouchers are in the e-filing records have all documentation attached and complete before being couriered to HQ on the 10th of every month.
- Provide day-to-day clerical assistance to the finance team, including managing the documentation and filing of all finance related files.
- To follow up and reconcile hotel bills (Hotel Bill Analysis) for trainings, meetings and workshop venue payments for various program activities and updating the Hotels bills tracker.
- Follow up outstanding or missing vouchers and supporting documents e.g. delivery notes, receipt and invoices with vendors both in Lusaka and other towns.
- To keep track/record of all used and unused receipts books, and Cheque Books over the period of the project.
- To keep track of all pending payments for vendors including all contractual obligations for services and goods.
- Responsible for receiving all cash retirements once the Accountant has reviewed and receipted all expense reports or once staff has been invoiced for personal bills.
- Responsible for photocopying, scanning of accounts vouchers including e-filing docs in one note.
- Perform- other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 full certificate with good grades in Math and English,
- Diploma/degree in Accounting/business, CIMA Managerial, ACCA Level 2/Skills,
- Minimum 3 years in a similar position
- Strong interpersonal skills, and result driven
Your application should be sent in one e-mail document consisting of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including daytime contact telephone number/s, and also give names and contact details of three referees. Please send your applications with the position “Accounts Assistant” in the subject line, to: [email protected].
Closing date: Friday, 2th April 2021
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.