National Health Insurance Management Authority (NHIMA)
Job Title: Accountant Revenue
Reporting to the Senior Accountant Revenue, the Accountant Revenue shall be a Resource in finance, paying close attention to the Fund and all receivable accounts ensuring that such schedules, ledgers, statements are accurately recorded, analyzed, and reported with sufficient detail at the end of every month/year.
- Prepare accurate and up to date schedules of contributing members, including capturing of the receivable’s accounts,
- Record daily receipts of the Authority by passing appropriate entries in the Authority’s Ledgers and ensures that there are no errors in the schedules, ledgers, and revenue/receipts records.
- Perform daily and Monthly Bank reconciliations for the fund account.
- Perform daily and Monthly reconciliations of fund collections vs returns.
- Perform periodic reconciliations of the Revenue accounts and related control accounts.
- Undertake periodic reconciliations of all Account Receivables.
- Update and maintain the receivables edge analysis.
- Assist in efficient and effective debt collection and management.
- Assist in preparation of monthly revenue forecasts and perform monthly revenue analysis and calculations,
- Assist in preparation of monthly Revenue Management Reports including attendant variance analysis,
- Prepare and capture invoices for all Accredited facilities on a timely basis.
- Assist in ensuring that all payments by clients are duly received on time.
- Assist in providing information for financial Audits and implement recommendations.
- Assist in implementing controls and report control deficiencies to enhance revenue collection.
- Perform other tasks as may be directed by the Senior Accountant Revenue.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting,
- Professional qualification i.e., ZICA, ACCA, CIMA will be an added advantage
- Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 Merits which should include Mathematics and English Language, and
- Certification in computer literacy
Competencies required for this Role
- Must be an effective communicator and should have high knowledge of finance
- Must be a critical thinker
- Must be skillful in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and proficient in Accounting applications (SAGE 300, Navision etc).
- Must show good understanding practical understanding of a good control environment
- Must have good interpersonal skills and organisational skills; and
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit careers.nhima.co.zm.