Website Sanlam Life Insurance Zambia Limited
Job Title: Accountant
Reporting to the Finance Manager ,the main purpose of the job is to perform reconciliations on bank accounts, payroll preparation and query handling, statutory payments and returns, Group Life Reconciliations, Vendor Payments, provide audit queries and supervision of junior staff members in the team.
- Perform Bank reconciliation on Key bank accounts
- Review of Bank Reconciliations done by Junior Staff
- Posting of JVS and other transactions
- Preparation of Payroll and reconciliation of pay roll related accounts
- Capturing deductions, policies, salary advances and contributions
- Attending to Payroll queries
- Conducting random cash counts and checking petty cash reconciliations from the branches
- Ensuring that Statutory payments and returns are done before due dates
- Perform Group, credit and Individual life general ledger reconciliations on a monthly basis on assigned Accounts;
- Ensure that vendor payments are made promptly in line with payment terms;
- Perform Suspense Ledger Account reconciliation on a monthly basis
- Supervising Junior Staff to ensure that work is done according to schedule and correctly
- Provide audit schedules during year end and interim external audits as required
- Any other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications and experience
- Degree in Accounting with full/final stage of professional accounting qualifications such as ACCA/CIMA/ZICA
- At least 4 years in a demanding accounting office
- Affiliation to ZICA will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of excel and Microsoft application
- Working Knowledge of accounting packages SAGE 200 or 300 will be an added advantage
- Good communication skills both oral and written
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should apply to the Head of Human Resources, Sanlam Life Insurance Zambia Limited, Zenera House, Corner Lagos and Lubuto Roads P.O. Box 31991, Lusaka Zambia or email to email@example.com not later than Friday 31 May 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit sanlam.co.zm .