SOS Children’s Villages Zambia
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is a child focused organization and an affiliate of the SOS Children Villages International. It is non-governmental, non-political, non-denominational, and non-racial. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the under listed job positions in the organization.
Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Job is to manage the program funds and ensure compliance with both organisation policies and donor requirements. The Accountant plays a significant role in ensuring integrity of the SOS Children’s Village accounting system for all transactions such as budgets, payroll, accounts payable and accrual sub systems.
- To process all the payments in line with the organisation policy and ensure that all the supporting documents are attached and complete.
- To prepare the annual budget for the program and ensure that expenditure is as per plan.
- Prepare variance analysis reports including recommendations on mitigating measures to address the variances.
- To keep track of all pending payments for vendors including contractual obligations for services and goods
- To follow up and reconcile all the hotel bills for trainings, meetings and workshop venue payments.
- To maintain and update all the accounting records for the program in Microsoft dynamics NAV and submit the same to the National Office by the 3rd of the following month.
- To ensure that all bank accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and reconciliation statements submitted to the National Office by the 3rd of the following month.
- To maintain and update the assets register and ensuring that all the assets are coded as per organization policy.
- To keep track of all used and unused receipt books and cheque books for the program
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant.
- To prepare monthly cash flow and ensure that all program activities are implemented as planned
- Reporting to Senior Accountant
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five credits and mathematics as one of the credits.
- Diploma / degree in Accounting or ACCA level 2 skills, CIMA managerial
- A minimum of three (3) years in a similar position with proven experience with some basic level of supervisory exposure.
Other competencies and requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft, Dynamics, NAV will be an added advantage.
- Fully paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
- Should be a team player with leadership skills, integrity, progressive and un-blemish track record, very innovative and an effective communicator.
All applicants for the above position should be child friendly.
To be considered for the above position, apply to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia,
Plot # 23217 / 35,
PHI, Off Police Post Road,
P.O Box 37907,
Closing date for receipt of applications is Thursday 22nd April 2021.
You can also email your application letter and Comprehensive CV only to [email protected]. Ensure that you indicate in the subject line of your e-mail the job position applied for.
SOS Children’s Villages Zambia is an equal opportunity employer.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best Job board for jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.