J&J Transport Zambia Limited
J&J Transport Zambia Limited is looking for a suitably qualified individual who will be able to assist in accurate oversight of management accounts and other internal reports and statutory returns including but not limited to NAPSA, PAYE, VAT, Withholding Tax and corporate tax in line with Zambian Law and legislation.
Reports to: Finance Manager
- Payables management- conduct ageing analysis and ageing reports as per scheduled deadlines;
- Receivables management- conduct ageing analysis and ageing reports as per scheduled deadlines;
- Bank reconciliations – conduct thrice weekly bank reconciliations for submission to the Finance Manager;
- Maintenance of accounting system- work along with and assist the Finance Manager in maintenance of finance system;
- Financial Reports in Compliance with Zambian Law – to prepare financial statements in line with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local legislation and requirements of the Zambia Companies Act;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts in line with group policies;
- Petty Cash Management – assist in oversight of receipt, safeguarding and issuing of cash for daily organisational requirements and accurate documentation of each transaction, and fund is reconcilable at all time;
- General Accounting Activities – to help oversee the general accounting practices required by the Company and to this end, ensure the daily upkeep of an accurate accounts filing system;
- Academic Background: Accounting Certification and a Member of ZICA, Relevant Transport and Logistics qualifications and training;
- Experience required (minimum/maximum): 1-2 years in a similar role within the transport industry is added bonus;
- IT knowledge: excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; but especially excel);
- Age (minimum / maximum): 27-35;
- Others: English – good level of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Good knowledge of local organization;
- Good understanding of the Business and Business needs;
Preference (soft skills/behaviors)
- Good judgment and high levels of responsibility and accountability;
- Hard worker, with high levels of energy and self-motivation;
- Diligent with strong attention to detail;
- Results orientated with delivery capabilities and good time management skills;
- Planning and Organization Skills;
- Decision making skills;
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with, co-workers, Managers, Customers and 3rd parties;
- Should demonstrate high ethical and moral behavior ensuring Anti-Bribery and Corruption stances;
- Willingness to work late as per required workload;
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role;
Preferences for candidates committed to working weekends and longer hours.
Interested candidates are to send a cover letter and their CVs with copies of their qualifications to [email protected] by Monday 12th April 2021.
Find Zambia Jobs -The best Job board for jobs in Zambia.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.