About our Client:
Our client Billiam works limited is a privately held company based on the copperbelt and specialized in maintenance and repair, as well as the supply of a wide range of spare parts for heavy machinery such as; Caterpillar, Komatsu, Volvo, Sinotruck, Hyndai, Shantui, Liugong Spare etc.
About the role:
The company is looking for a talented individual to join their team as an accountant. The individual’s primary role is to record and maintain accurate financial records. The role is tasked with overseeing all aspects of financial accounting and financial reporting. You will be charged with reporting and ensuring that management receives timely and accurate information.
- Accounts Receivables including debtors’ reconciliations, receipting and sending of statements.
- Assist in the preparation of periodic financials and adhoc reports and perform reconciliations for General Ledger Accounts.
- Petty cash management including ensuring that petty cash expenses are posted correctly and that petty cash is maintained on float basis and submit for checking and updating immediately after it is reimbursed
- Production of periodic Sales Analysis reports
- Perform bank reconciliations of Operations Bank Accounts
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Assist in human resources management including preparation of salary schedules, payroll input and maintenance of leave schedules
- Preparation and submission of all statutory obligations including VAT, PAYE, NAPSA and NHIMA before their respective due dates
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of financial audits.
- Provide necessary documentation and explanations during audits.
- Implement audit recommendations to improve financial processes.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, membership to ZICA will be an added advantage
- At least 4 years in finance and accounting preferably in the same industry
- Proven experience as an accountant or in a related role.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
The incumbent will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your CV to [email protected] before the 30th of January, 2024.