BIA Group is active in the sales, rentals and after-sales services of equipment intended for public works, mines, quarries and transport. The Group operates in Europe (Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg) and in more than 20 African countries and employs more than 1.300 people, including more than 850 engineers and technicians.
With a team of Parts Sales & Procurement Admin Officers, ensure the operational execution of the overall purchasing process linked to specific vendors/suppliers as well as the sales administration of internal customers.
What will be your responsibilities?
Under the supervision of the the Chief Accountant, the incumbent will be responsible for:
1. Accounts Payable
- Be in touch with Supply chain in ensuring all incoming invoices are ready to be booked are collected from end users
- Check that invoices received from suppliers are linked to POs
- Monitor invoices by using the invoice monitoring tool file for detecting the blocking point in the process.
- Check invoices for Tax compliance before sending to Shared Service e.g. TPIN, Rate, etc.
- Check that SES or GR is done for all received invoices using the 444000 ageing at least every 3 days and resolve any long outstanding issues.
- Check that SES done on call off PO’s has correct GL and cost centre and in line with the budget before sending to SSC for posting and ensure that
- there is no duplication of SES for a particular month
- Indicate on invoices if VAT claimable, and if needed GL account, Cost Center
- Ensure that all received invoices are scanned in a reasonable time to SSC for booking and check workplace consistently to ensure bookings are done
- Check the transaction after posting to ensure accuracy
- Check regularly the parked invoices in running ZFBV3 transaction and follow up with users’ action
- Ensure that maximum vendors are paid using the F.110 payment process at least twice a month and check that the clearing process is done
- Supports financial decision-making by ensuring that Payables position of the Company is correct at all times and all queries are resolved without delay.
- Supports to meet reporting deadlines by ensuring completeness of posting of suppliers and creditors invoices including accruals
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of Fixed Assets Register
2. Accounts Receivable
- Check the customer balance and reason why before release of SOs
- Ensure that PODs are sent in time to customer
- Print physically and keep copy on server of all invoices, credit notes and PODs produced
- Ensure that correct clearings are done in customer accounts after payments
- Ensure reconciliation of customers are done, approved and properly filed
- Explain balance difference on the reconciliation sheet
- Produce debtor ageing reports from SAP for Credit committee analysis
- Produce debtor ageing reports from SAP/BO for month end analysis ensuring there is no credit balances or otherwise justified
- Organize and ensure that AR meetings are held at both mid-month and month end for ESB and Zambia providing explanations and action points for overdue items
- Ensure that there is no balance more than 30days overdue or Overdue more than 181 KEUR otherwise justified
- Coordinate the credit committee with business department for action plan
- Assist ESB in collection of receivables in Sales district Zambia and ensure that there is no balance more than 30days overdue or Overdue more than 181 KEUR otherwise justified
- Ensure that all import documents are collected from supply chain in readiness for VAT claim on18th of following month
- Ensure that all vat files(input/output) including supporting documents are collected/filed by 14th of M+1
- Ensure that all vat claims are valid to avoid being disallowed by ZRA
- Establish connections with local tax authority to assist in resolving any challenges faced.
4. Invoicing and Reconciliations
- Ensure that supplier recons are done on a monthly basis and resolve the reconciling items before the next month.
- Ensure correctness of Payables schedules at all time. All overdue invoices must be paid to suppliers to avoid stoppage of services.
5. Fixed Assets management
- Ensure Approval for additions and Disposals of Fixed Assets and supporting documentation filed.
- Monthly update of fixed Assets register to ensure correctness of Fixed Assets values in the Books of Accounts
- Carry out Asset Verification to ensure completeness and confirmation of existence of all assets
6. Other Functions
- Assume backup of the AR function
- Assume backup for petty cash management
- Participate in Tax compliance
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Chief Accountant
Who are we looking for?
- ACCA/ CIMA/ZICA Part 2 Qualified or Better
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Be a Registered Member of ZICA
- Team player
- Concern for Accuracy
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Results orientation
What’s in it for you?
- A permanent contract
- A competitive salary and an interesting package of extra-legal benefits
- A human sized company with international dimension, encouraging autonomy and team spirit
- Cooperate in a team with experienced and passionate colleagues within a successfully growing family-owned company
- Benefit from a challenging career opportunity with an extensive training program
- In this challenging job you get the possibility to take initiative and further develop the function
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.