International School of Lusaka
The International School of Lusaka is one of the oldest and largest international schools in Africa. Our school is a vibrant, diverse community with teachers and students from nearly fifty different countries. We provide a modern, student-centred education with curriculum from the International Baccalaureate Organization and other sources. We seek application from enthusiastic, qualified and experienced individuals for the following position:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill in the vacant position of ACCOUNTANT.
Job Purpose and Accountabilities
- Provide monthly income statement reports to finance manager and assist with follow up of variances to business plans as identified
- Attend monthly finance committee meetings and reviews and report on financial portions as an Ex-officio
- Assist with the preparation of their Budgets
- Preparation of Cash Flow forecasts
- Preparation of Audit packs and Financial statements
- Collection of monies owing to School. As part of this function will be the approval and processing of refunds under the direction and approval of the Finance Manager and in the context of policies established by the School in relation to refunds.
- Preparation of end of year financial statements and statutory returns in accordance with the Corporations Law and other relevant Regulations.
- Development of Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual in conjunction with the Finance Manager.
- Maximize cash flow performance of the company through controls on inventory, credit and collections, deposits and remittances.
- Enforces documents and establishes adequate controls for all revenue, expenses and protection of assets and ensures controls which will satisfy or improve the level of services.
- Maintain accurate and timely financial and operating information and provide analysis interpretations and projections to management as required.
- Maintains awareness of local legislation, rules and regulations – NAPSA, PAYE, VAT and other TAXES.
- Follows up capital and revenue expenditure to ensure compliance with original justification and approvals.
- Work with external auditors to produce audited accounts.
- Effective Debt and Credit Control Management
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English
- Bachelor of Accountancy/ACCA, CIMA or ZICA Qualified Professional Accountant or its equivalent
- Computer literate with experience in the use of the Pastel Accounting System
- Membership to Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Internal or external audit experience
- Detailed costing and budgeting experience in a similar industry
- Minimum 3 years Accounting and Tax experience
- Knowledge of G-Suite, EdAdmin and ManageBac an advantage
Minimum Required Competencies
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Problem solving skills
- Self starter
Contract: This position is a two-year consensual contract that may be renewed at the discretion of the school management.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and curriculum vitae by email to the Human Resource and Administration Officer, International School of Lusaka ([email protected]). The closing date for applications is 19th September 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.