John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Accountant
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Finance Manager
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Accountant to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. S/he will manage project finances and work closely with the finance team (including other Accountants) in the Lusaka office, as well as liaise with finance staff in regional offices in Copperbelt, Central and Southern provinces. This position will report to the Lusaka-based Finance Manager and help in achieving the project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of all the Project’s financial databases.
- Responsible for the bi-weekly management, reconciliation and reporting of staff advances.
- Review and approve advance reconciliation reports.
- Support regional office finance staff in financial activities, expensing, projecting and reporting.
- Responsible for the review of the List Inventory of the office inventory items and expatriate household goods, if applicable.
- Process online payments and transfers.
- Ensures compliance with all project legal requirements, including employee taxes.
- Process monthly payroll and statutory submissions.
- Engages in financial tasks as required by the Finance Manager and Director F&A.
- Ensure monthly reports and support documentation are completed on a timely basis.
- Assist the Finance Manager and other senior staff with continuous cost projections and on a timely basis provide cost analysis of specific activities.
- Assist the Finance Manager in preparing financial information for periodic reports.
- In relation to all procurement reviews, ensure all comparison charts are accurate and all support documentation is complete prior to submission for a Purchase Order.
- Ensure that all Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) related to printing, stationery, office equipment, etc. are tracked and monitored and manage the LPO book and reordering of LPO books as needed.
- Review of monthly E-record documentation for payment vouchers through the e-filing system.
- Address queries arising from financial reviews and/or audits.
- Ensure that all contractual payments for services and goods are tracked and monitored including timely payment to the vendor.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new/revised accounting policies procedures and internal controls.
- Make a team effort to process and close monthly financial accounts in a timely manner.
- Maintain and monitor a system of internal controls including the preparation of internal and JSH office financial reviews and/or audits.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, finance, operations and fraud management policies.
- Travel as needed to regional offices for support.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager or other senior staff.
- ACCA Part III/CIMA Part III or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Demonstrated experience (3-5) years of financial experience in a USAID-funded project and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Proven record of systems strengthening and internal controls.
- Ability to take initiative and work and lead teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will work under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Manager.
Mode of Application:
Send an application via email ONLY to email@example.com. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: June 22, 2021
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.