260 Brands (Seba Foods Zambia Ltd.)
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this role will play a lead role to be responsible for providing the knowledge and skill to install, repair and do maintenance on the A3 Flex and associated Tetrapak line equipment as well as all mechanical equipment and machinery in the Beverage production facility. The position is also required to do standby and to be ready for any call out pertaining to mechanical failures. All work will be on schedules and job cards, these documents must be completed timeously and correctly for the in putting of data onto the existing Maintenance Management System being utilised on site. Responsibilities also include total preventative maintenance, managing breakdowns of both mechanical & electrical in nature. The role also includes the training and assessing of Operators
- Participate in installation events, assembling machines and conveyors
- Execute preventive maintenance activities in line with global Tetra Pak standard procedures and reinstate equipment into the production environment according to defined expectations
- Analyse, troubleshoot and resolve technical malfunctions and breakdowns.
- Conduct basic root cause analysis of the problem in order to ensure rapid resolution to appropriate colleagues
- Provide technical support and guidance to the floor, including root cause analysis
- Work in accordance with all safety regulations and requirements.
- Act as an ambassador for the Company at all times, ensuring and promoting good working relationships and that the company’s reputation is sustained
- Reduce operational costs, ensure a high level of reliability, with operational satisfaction
- Execute and complete all relevant reports in an accurate and timely way.
- Distribute Maintenance operations reports according to existing procedures and ensure that proper handover is done
- Execute all work in accordance with Tetra Pak and Company safety regulations and requirements
- Execute all work in accordance with Tetra Pak standards and requirements regarding product quality and food safety.
- Escalate all discovered food safety, quality assurance, and regulatory issues Formulating technical procedures and standards for carrying out mechanical maintenance activities in the Plant.
- Analysing daily, weekly monthly and annual maintenance per Plant KPI’s.
- Participate in investigating maintenance related Investigate incidents related to the plant and make records/recommendations on preventive or corrective measures.
- Cost optimization within all plant operations for meeting OPEX and budgets.
- Providing technical specification for mechanical spare parts and equipment purchase.
- Collaborating with all the maintenance staff and undertaking of calibration of equipment as per requirement.
- Improve production efficiency of all the packing machines and reduce wastage of packing materials.
- Analyse and reduce re-occurrence of break-downs by carrying out RCA within the team.
- Mentoring and imparting technical training/knowledge to staff for better working.
- To carry out continuous improvement in area of operation for improving safe work environment.
- Maintain and repair all types of mechanical machinery and equipment, which is found on the site and in the factory.
- Repair and inspect all mechanical installations as per schedule and instruction from Supervisor. Where required to trace problems and determine what the problem may be and repair
- Achieve team and individual goals that are set out in accordance with the 260Brands system
- Improve personal effectiveness (Time utilization) Transfer of knowledge to fellow workers where applicable
- Organise own work and must be able to time manage. Apply practices, policies, standards where necessary as per company standards
- Follow specific methodologies in repair work to ensure availability and reliability of the production facility, report on progress of work and were involved with project work, adhere to all safety regulations
- Continuous Improvement must be the order of the day so as to ensure that the factory progress can be achieved Initiated continuous improvement within the department
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher, in electronic or electro-mechanical engineering – or equal experience in the field
2. Preferably 3-4 years of work experience in electro-mechanical maintenance
3. Preferably 3-4 years experience in PLC, electrical and electronic systems, in general, is a big advantage
4. Ability to read pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical diagrams
5. Have a good command of English (writing/reporting skills are essential)
6. Good command of computer skills
7. Strong knowledge of MS Office
8. Initiative and ability to work in a team, accountable attitude
9. Flexibility in working outside regular working hours (evenings and weekends) based on company needs
10. Strong ability to learn, strong personal drive, and interest in developing self
For all interested candidates, please email a CV and relevant qualifications to [email protected] with “A3 Flex Technician” in the subject line. Please also fill the short survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/66Z2KL5