Website AMI Expeditionary Healthcare
Job Title: A.L.S. Paramedic
AMI Expeditionary Healthcare provides medical solutions and services to some of the most remote and challenging environments in the world. AMI has delivered over 7,500+ medical personnel and countless healthcare solutions to over 125 clinical and hospital settings on four continents. We are seeking dedicated health care professionals as independent contractors to support our commitment to saving lives.
About the Project:
AMI is bidding on a contract to provide teams for a mining project to countries on the African continent. The ideal A.L.S. Paramedic meeting the minimum requirements, is able to travel to any African country in short notice. As this is rapid response, candidates must be able to travel within a short period of being contacted. Candidates must also be willing to travel to potential remote and austere environments.
- Ensure the professional and timely delivery of all Paramedic and Emergency Services in-line with facility policies and procedures under the guidance of the medical team.
- Assure quality and safety of all services by engaging in Clinical Governance activities.
- Participate positively as a member of an international team and ensure the professional reputation and image of AMI is maintained at all times.
- Deliver professional health services including provision of Paramedic and Emergency Services which adhere to the facilities’ policies and procedures.
- Available twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, primarily but not exclusively for emergency paramedic services.
- Ensure operational readiness of emergency paramedic service, instruments and medical and personal equipment.
- Assist with sterilization and maintenance of surgical instruments/equipment and stores.
- Assist with orientation for incoming personnel.
- Work in accordance with posted rostering and maintain approved training standards as required
- Assist in the general day to day operations of the facility as required.
- Stay within restricted boundaries when responding to the on-call requirements.
- Train and work in a designated role within the facility’s trauma system, which is based on Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
- Ensure that highest standards of clinical governance in the provision of paramedic services.
- Attend or present training and briefing sessions when and as directed.
- Operate within the context of the facility’s Mass Casualty Incident Plan in designated role, or in other roles as directed by Project Manager or designee.
- The Paramedic must comply with the Company’s and Client’s policies and procedures and Code of Conduct at all times.
- Qualified as an Intensive Care Paramedic
- Demonstrate sufficient recent clinical experience as a Paramedic in the last 12 months commensurate with the role.
- Current Certificate to practice or Authority to practice or equivalent Home Country registration.
- Demonstrate sufficient recent clinical experience as a paramedic in the last 12 months commensurate with the role.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an intensive care Paramedic/Emergency Nurse.
Note: Please submit your resume/CV, diploma, passport copies and credentials translated to English language.
The position is contingent upon award of the project and should we be awarded additional details (salary, work schedule, location, etc.) would be provided.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.